Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Guest Author Susan Fisher-Davis


 

What do the words ‘writer’s block’ mean to you?

To me, they mean total frustration!

Do you read your book reviews? If yes, how do you process negative reviews?

I used to. I don’t anymore. When I did, I’d get so hurt by a bad review, but my first publisher told me to ignore it, and to remember that not everyone will like my books. I just think it’s better not to read them if I want to keep my sanity. It seems that some reviewers enjoy tearing an author apart, not the story.

If you could time travel, would you go back or forward in time?

I would definitely go back. I’m not sure I’d change anything, but I’d love to see my parents again.

In one word, describe yourself.

Stubborn

Do you find yourself getting emotional when you write? Is there a scene that sticks out as being the most emotional to write?

Oh, yes. A book I recently published. Trick Men of Clifton, Montana Book 17. The prologue is a total tear-jerker. No matter how many times I’d go over it, I’d just cry my eyes out.

What are you working on now? Can you give us a sneak peek?

Well, I am always working on more than one at a time, but the next book, which will be released at the end of December, is Colson Men of Clifton, Montana Book 20:

Stopping in the driveway, she threw the door open and stepped out. Taking a deep breath, she popped the rear hatch on her vehicle and stood there staring at the boxes. Reaching in, she pulled one to her and struggled to lift it. She jerked when someone reached around her.

“I’ll get it.”

She looked up to see the hot cowboy from the diner.

“Wait. I don’t know you.” She pushed him away from the heavy box.

“Colson Griffin,” he said and put his hand out to her.

“Like that means anything to me.” She planted her hands on her hips and glared up at him.

He grinned. “Well, you must not be from around here. I’m well known and not in a good way.”

“I’m Lydia Carmichael. I lived here before, and what do you mean not in a good way?”

“Don’t worry. I’m not a serial killer. I was just an unruly kid.” He shrugged his broad shoulders.

“I hope you grew out of that.”

“What? You don’t like a bad boy?”

Lydia couldn’t help but laugh. “Maybe.”

“Now, do you want my help or not?” He grinned.

She stared up at him, and her breath hitched. His eyes were grayish blue, and his teeth were white and perfect. Deep creases appeared in his cheeks, and crow’s feet fanned out from the corner of his eyes. She’d put him in his mid to late thirties. Damn, he was hot, and he smelled so good. She wanted to go to bed with him. Gasping, she threw her hand over her mouth and watched as he frowned at her. He was trouble, but good God, she wanted to get into trouble with him.

“Uh, yes, that would be nice,” she said quietly.

He reached for the big box, picked it up as if it weighed nothing, and jerked his chin.

“Lead the way, darlin’.”

Lydia hesitated a second, turned on her heel, and led him to the front door. If she got him in the house, could she keep him?



Twitter: @susandavis37150
Instagram: susanfisherdavis_author

No comments:

Post a Comment