Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Memories of India

This time of year reminds me of my visit to India. The memories are embedded inside my mind. The trip wasn't what I had expected. I flew thousands of miles into a foreign land to find myself. I came back to America knowing less of who I was.

The first memory...I stepped off that plane with a deep sense of freedom and a blast of suffocating heat. I was surrounded by people who looked at me with the same curosity in their eyes as I had in my mind. "What the hell was I doing in India?" All I knew is...that's where I felt I needed to be.
Among the chaos of blaring horns, streets lined with homeless people, piles of garbage, wandering cows...I did smile. I wasn't running away although I did question whether I was welcome here.

The first night I stayed in Mumbai. Little did I know that my adventure would take me on twists and turns...and memories that would last a lifetime.

Please stop by every Tuesday to join me for my adventures in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment