Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Guest Author Cora Seton

What do the words ‘writer’s block’ mean to you?

               I’m pretty fortunate in that I rarely experience the kind of writer’s block that leaves you staring at a blank page. Sometimes I have days in which I write a lot of words, but they’re just clunky. It’s like I’ve lost the rhythm of the language. When that happens, it really helps me to listen to audiobooks, go for long walks and do housework. That seems to get my brain working again.

 

Do you read your book reviews? If yes, how do you process negative reviews?

               I almost never look at them, because seeing a negative review can shut down my creativity. I work from the assumption that I am my target reader. If I write a book that I like, a certain segment of romance readers will also like it. When someone has written a negative review, I figure they’ve self-selected out of my audience, and that’s a good thing, because if they don’t like my books, they’re not the right reader for them. I want to concentrate on writing for the people who do like my books, not the people who don’t like them.

 

If you could time travel, would you go back or forward in time?

               I’d like to travel back in time because I have a lot of questions about time periods I’ve studied, but of course I want to go forward, too, because I’d like to see how it all “turns out.” I am insatiably curious about all of it. I have an unhealthy fascination with the Dark Ages, I love all the different styles of clothing people have worn through time, and I’m also curious to see if what’s going to happen next.

 

In one word, describe yourself.

               Determined.

 

Do you find yourself getting emotional when you write? Is there a scene that sticks out as being the most emotional to write?

               Yes. In fact, if I don’t cry when I re-reading/editing a book, then I know I’m not done writing it. Probably the hardest scene to write was in A SEAL’s Vow. My main female character has a stalker who finally gets her alone and she has to fight for her life. I edit my books many times and when I was done with that one, I was in a state.

 

What are you working on now? Can you give us a sneak peek?

               I’m working on House For Sale, Navy SEAL Included, book 1 in my upcoming Elliotts of Chance Creek series. It’s about five brothers coming home to bring back to life the tiny ghost town of Elliott Ridge in Chance Creek county. The series is military and western with suspense elements. I can’t wait for everyone to be able to read book 1, which is available for preorder now!


No comments:

Post a Comment