Monday, March 24, 2014

Hot Box Monday: The Price is Right

Scrolling through Amazon, you'll see books of all genres at all different prices. For my traditionally published books, I have no control over the prices, but for my self-published lot, I can name the price. I'm not exactly a control freak, but I like having my hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.

I posted a question on Facebook a few days ago asking what prices readers are willing to pay for an ebook and if certain aspects, like whether the author is unknown or the book is in a series, makes a difference. I received lots of helpful feedback. After all, who better to ask than those who buy.

What I heard was, readers will spend in upwards of $7.00, but are comfy at $2.99-3.99. What are some considerations?

1. If the book is in a series

2. Word count

3. If one book in the series is free

What I learned most is readers love series.

Second Chance Series:

Second Chance Cowboy FREE at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Second-Chance-Cowboy-Rhonda-Carver-ebook/dp/B00H1B6ADC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395666795&sr=8-4&keywords=rhonda+lee+carver

Second Ride Cowboy (Book 2)
Second Round Cowboy (Book 3)
Buy Link:http://www.amazon.com/Second-Round-Cowboy-Chance-Series-ebook/dp/B00I1OMGQ8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395666664&sr=8-3&keywords=rhonda+lee+carver

1 comment: