Monday, March 3, 2014

Hot Box Monday

Promotion. I cringe. I suck at it and I'm not afraid to admit it. Unfortunately, writing without promoting can mean the death of a book which a writer thinks should have sold like hotcakes (the fluffy, sweet, fruit-filled ones). So, I sat down with a glass of wine and a Valium--just kidding--and researched the hell out of "ways to promote a book."

Do I feel any better? Hell no! There are so many avenues, so many ideas, that I find myself a little lost in all of the advertising spew. I have decided that I should take baby steps, maybe even bug steps, in this overwhelming process of promoting my loves--a.k.a books. I hope to find one helpful promotion tactic a week.

This week I've researched social media. What day and time is best to post? After reading several articles written about the benefits of social networking, this is what I've come up with for two popular sites:

Facebook: Wednesdays. Best time, 1 P.M.- 4 P.M.
                  Avoid, 8 P.M.- 8 A.M.

Twitter: Monday-Thursday. Best time, 1 P.M.-3 P.M.
              Avoid, 8 P.M. - 9 A.M.

And there you have it folks. What do you think?

Best wishes, R.


No comments:

Post a Comment