Thursday, August 23, 2012

Recipe of the Week

I'll admit it. The older I get the more enjoyment I get from eating. From warm, gooey pizza, to creamy pasta dishes, to fresh veggies and fruits, to rich desserts. I also understand the pleasure that my partner gets from eating...especially when I've made a special meal. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, absolutely. I know I get lots of pleasure when he cooks. A man who can wield a spatula is definitely a turn on for me. Watching a man deftly move around the kitchen, creating masterpieces with his hands, the tip of his tongue darting out as he concentrates on whipping a batter...sounds like a dreamy visual treat.

For weeks now I've had a recipe idea bouncing around inside my head. It was being booted out of the way by heated characters and sexy storylines, yet I knew eventually I'd make time to create another pie. Because this creation was such a hit in my house, I have to share. So, here it is:

Pineapple Island Pie


Ingredients:

1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, with juice
1 4 oz. vanilla instant pudding
1 container whipped topping, thawed
1 t. vanilla
1 cup coconut
1 graham cracker pie shell

Mix together pineapple, dry pudding and vanilla. Mix well. Add coconut. Stir. Then add whipped topping, stirring carefully until all combined. Scoop into the pie shell. Garnish with reserved coconut. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Hints: You don't need a full cup of coconut. Adjust this to your flavor and how much you like coconut. Sometimes too much coconut takes away from the flavors.

Also, the pie can be served frozen if you prefer.

Here is the pie after my fam devoured it...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment