Friday, April 19, 2013

Sex in the morning

Everyone should wake up to sex in the morning. What better way to start your day? Sure, not everyone can begin a day with a hot lover and a big O. It's something worth striving for, don't you think? I'm not sure why, but my mind conjures up better sex scenes in the morning. The first thing I think about when my feet hit the floor is, what are my characters up to today (after I kiss the hubby, of course)? My newest characters are on the very, very edge, ready to take things to a new level. Where? In a restaurant booth. Not sure where they'll end up: table, floor, or just on the vinyl seat. I'm wondering if other writers have the same thoughts...What size is his sex? Will the lovemaking be sweet and passionate? Or, steamy and rowdy?Maybe a bit of both. Does he groan or talk? Does she moan or whimper? So much to think about. Someone told me just yesterday that I always have sex on the brain. Not totally true. Yes, I do think about it often, but it doesn't control every waking day. Not that it'd be so bad if sex was the leading factor to every thought. I don't see a man walking down the street and think, "Wow, I'd like to do him." However, I do look at my DH often and think I'd like to get him undressed. Although sex is a huge piece to my writing, it's not the only thing. Whether we admit it or not, sex is huge for readers. They like it. And as a writer, I aim to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment