Sunday, June 9, 2013

You may be sex-fearing if...

I'm not sure what it is about me and sex-fearing people these days. Maybe they think it's their duty to "save" me. And at the same time, I'm losing my patience, which may or may not be good for a "fan" base *laughing*  Here's a conversation I had once that I thought you'd find interesting...

A woman asked, "How do you write such stuff?"

Me: "Easy. I have a laptop."

Woman: "No, I mean about sex."

Me: "Oh, you mean romance. You don't read?"

Woman: (she looks around for listeners as if we are planning a crime) "Noooo. It just wouldn't be right for me to read romance. My friends and family would roll their eyes. And God wouldn't like it one bit."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Woman: "Oh, God doesn't like that sex stuff. I don't like it either."

Me: "How many kids do you have?"

Woman: (her eyes shine, showing she enjoys talking about her children) "I have three. One boy, two girls. Two are in college."

Me: "Very nice. And I'd say you're a very talented and special woman."

Woman: (her eyes widen) "Me? Why?"

Me: "Because last I knew, to get pregnant a woman must have sex. You've done it three times, amazingly, without "help.""

Woman: "Uhh...no, I'm a married woman of thirty-years."

Me: "Oh, so you and your husband have had sex?!? That must have been very difficult for you."

Woman: "Of course not! We love each other and have always had...you know..." She looks around again, then leans her head in, "I can't complain."

Me: "So, let me get this straight. God doesn't "like" sex, yet HE's made it possible for two people to love and procreate. You don't like "sex stuff" and yet you think it's okay to have sex, but it should never be spoken of?"

Woman: (her face reddens) "I guess if you put it that way..."

Me: "I suggest you not read romance, or my books. After all, you have the freedom of choice. However, I see in your purse you're reading ____________. I've read his books. What did you think about all of the killing and bloody scenes? I wonder if God agrees?"

Woman: (she hesitates) "I'll take two of your books."


I still speak to this woman on occasion. She has read each of my books and is one of my biggest fans. And...her sex life is better than ever.

I ask, Don't judge me and I won't judge you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment