Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Scrolling through nudity


Have you ever seen a person's face and POW! A story line pops into your head? As I was scrolling through istockphotos this morning I came across a picture that was like a lightening bolt striking my motivational juices. Within five minutes, I had title, names, careers and a complete story line ready to be made into a book. In fact, all I could think about was writing their story. It was like a severe itch that I couldn't scratch.

Whatever your crime of passion is, writing, skydiving, painting, throwing darts, speeding...you get my drift, you'll understand what it's like to have that feeling. You know the one, where you need the adrenaline rush as badly as you need your next breath. That's the urgency of writing for me.

This story that is blocking all sane paths inside my head, well, it's different than anything I've written before. Maybe that's the excitement for me. It's a switch up. I never like taking the safest path. I like danger and setting my characters apart. I'll give you a little hint on the twist in my newest work: The hero was in an accident that physically changes him. I can't give too much away, but I'm excited to transform him.

Give me a few weeks and I'll share more.



Zoe has a problem and his name is Lieutenant Jagmeyer.

Zoe Carmichael has one true love—work. But a satisfying career doesn’t sate her desire for steamy Lieutenant Jagmeyer, a career military firefighter. He’s as anti-relationship as she is, if not more. She sees in him the perfect opportunity for companionship without commitment.Things, however, don’t always work out as one plans.When Jag becomes Zoe’s protector after a death threat against her life, unbridled passion pulls at them both. Can Zoe resist falling for Jag who wears his hardcore badge for everyone to see? Will Jag risk losing everything he’s worked for?
WARNING: Explicit sex, graphic language.
Digital Edition: $1.99 | ISBN: 9781616501822 | Publication Date: August 16, 2010 | Length: 44,000 words | ePub Page Count: 134

_______________________________

Double Dare by Rhonda Lee Carver

_______________________________

Double Dare by Rhonda Lee Carver

Excerpt

Copyright 2010, Rhonda Lee Carver
All rights reserved, Lyrical Press, Inc.
Jag’s eyes turned into rays of steel. Zoe knew he challenged her. What she felt wasn’t revulsion. She felt interest interest.
A healing wound wouldn’t send her running, but still, she did have human emotions. It opened a book of questions into his past. She wasn’t a stranger to battle and loss. She followed the stories of fallen soldiers and injured military closely.
His eyes were the most intense she’d ever seen. The deep irises seemed to burrow under her skin and zap her bloodstream with energy. What color were they? In the light, the hue appeared silver.
He wore his toughness like a badge. With a badass rigidity in his expression and body language, he had the mannerism of a soldier. She would’ve pegged him military even if he weren’t wearing regulation ABUs and a close haircut.
“Are you lost?” His low, gruff voice did tingly, unfamiliar things to her nipples. She’d been wrong in thinking this would be a piece of cake.In a breathy Marilyn Monroe voice she said, “I just thought you looked lonesome sitting here all by yourself.”
_______________________________

Double Dare by Rhonda Lee Carver

_______________________________

Double Dare by Rhonda Lee Carver




No comments:

Post a Comment