Saturday, February 9, 2013

Role Playing in the Bedroom

A long term relationship is comforting and what most of us strive for; however, long term sex can grow boring, no matter how hot or sexy your partner is, or even how in love with him/her you are. Many couples choose to fire up the sheets with role playing. There are some who are scared, or weary, of adding games in the bedroom. They relate handcuffs, blindfolds and whips to violence. I do NOT promote any form of violence, but, I do encourage couples to enjoy one another.

Sexy Woman In Costume : Woman police in the concept Stock PhotoLet me first point out that emotional sex and physical sex are two different things. In emotional sex, we want  his love to bleed into every fiber of our being. We want to hear words of affection and feel his tender touch. We want to know that we are special. Now, there is physical sex. It's that part of us that desires the raw, out-of-this-world, make my toes curl sex. If you say that you don't have this craving then you need to question how many inhibitions you carry.

Man In Sexy Costume : Man with naked torso in kilt on the sky backgroundIf you've never role-played then you might be missing out on something mind-boggling. Wearing costumes may seem a bit stupid to some, but for many others it adds excitement and interest. If you're a beginner, you may choose to stick with simple costumes, ones that don't make you feel uncomfortable. If you like it, you may want to add more "games" to the mix. It's like in everything else, you gotta try to know if you like.

Remember that as a couple, you and your partner may have different levels of comfort. If your partner wants to pull out the cuffs and the whip, and you're not interested, then don't be afraid to say "Not my thing." Role playing is about having fun. If anything, you my just spend the evening laughing your ass off.

Interested in reading my books? Here's one you might like:

Delaney's Sunrise Book Cover


Five years ago, Dee Crawford’s engagement to Jacob Delaney ended in death.

Jacob’s secrets followed him to his grave–and chased Dee from Delaney’s Farm, and from his brother Abe’s forbidden embrace. Yet when her own secrets send her back to Ohio and right into Abe Delaney’s arms, old guilt comes to light, old passions reignite, and Jacob’s secrets return to haunt them with more than just his memory. Someone in town wants Dee gone, and will do anything to stop her from uncovering the truth about her fiance’s death. If Dee is to survive, she must expose Jacob’s long-buried secrets…and expose her heart to Abe. Only by admitting their love can they ease the guilt that has plagued them for years. But will love be enough to save Dee when the next death on Delaney’s Farm may be her own?
Publication Date: June 20, 2011  - Length: Novel
Available at:  Amazon Kindle – B&N Nook - I-Tunes – ARe – Lyrical Store

Delaney’s Sunrise by Rhonda Lee

Excerpt:


Copyright 2011, Rhonda Lee
All rights reserved, Lyrical Press, Inc.

Dee didn’t look at him. He couldn’t look at her, either. He’d lived with the weight of shame, embarrassment and pain for years. He’d done a good job molding those emotions into something more useful, more productive: anger. The latter was far better than sorrow. Abe had convinced himself of her faults long ago. He wouldn’t allow her to unravel him again.
“You’re not welcome here, Dee.”
She set her bottle on the floor. It fell onto its side. Beer spilled out in a foamy puddle; both ignored it.
Tension enveloped him. What would she say?
“Let’s get past that, Abe. The reality is, Jacob wanted me here. I don’t know why he did, but I trusted him.”
He smirked. “You don’t belong here. Did you change your clothes to prove a point to yourself, or just to impress me?”
One thin brow curved in challenge. “It’d make you happy to think I was trying to impress you.”
“No.” He wrinkled his nose. “No, it wouldn’t.” He dropped his feet to the floor with a thud.
“Oh, forgive me.” Her tone teetered on mockery. “You’re into engaged women, right? I’m only a single girl now.”
Her bitter words hit home, striking as hard as a blow to the gut. He rose so quickly she stumbled back. He stalked toward her. Agitated, the horses kicked at the doors of their stalls as if they shared his tension.
Her lips trembled. “Did I touch a sensitive chord?”
Chord? Hell, she’d unleashed a flood. He caught her wrist in a solid grip. He didn’t want to hurt her, but he dragged her close and bent low to her ear. “You wanna stay?” His voice was dangerously low. “Stay. But don’t cross my path, or I’ll throw your ass off my farm quicker than you can throw Jacob’s name in my face again. Ownership rights or no ownership rights, that’s my word. Got it?”
She tilted her head back and looked up at him. Her face was devoid of emotion, but the damp mist in her eyes made her a liar. “Got it,” she whispered.
He dropped her wrist and pivoted on his heel, heading for the exit.
Her shaky voice stopped him. “I know you, Abe, probably better than Jacob did. If I didn’t already realize you’re a kind man, I’d run as far away from you as I could. You’re angry and you’re feeling guilty. I know, because I feel the same. I’ve dealt with those same emotions since Jacob died. You may hate me and I don’t know if I still…if I like you much either, but we share one thing. We both lost someone we loved.”
He kept his back to her, but as the last word left her lips he nearly fled outside. Sucking in fresh air, he shoved his hands into his pockets. Damn it. Damn her.
She’d leave…eventually.

_______________________________
Delaney’s Sunrise by Rhonda Lee Carver Available for Sale




No comments:

Post a Comment