Wednesday, February 13, 2013

V-Day with a sexy read


Valentine’s Day is almost here. I love romance and love. Duh, I am a romance writer for a reason. However, there’s more to it than the book thing. I’m in love and that sure does make it a special time of year. I’ve been in love with the same man for over 15 years. That may seem like a whopping amount of time for some, but for me, a hundred years will never be enough time. As my man already knows, I’m a bit sappy when it comes to romance. I believe in all of the ooey gooey sentiments, like, notes left on the mirror, sweet texts messages, sharing dessert, heart-shaped pancakes…okay, I’m sure you get what I’m saying.

What are we planning to do the 14th? I have a few surprises in store. It’s a secret.

I’m not sure if he has in store. I’m like most women. I love jewelry, purses, shoes and anything chocolate. I can’t say that I’m much into flowers, although petals spread across the bed do make me smile. I don’t want glitz. I don’t want glamour. I’m looking for heartfelt gifts. Yet, the gifts aren’t what make V-Day special for me. It’s something else…

I’ve always considered myself a lucky woman when it comes to love. Honestly, I become more appreciative as years pass.

Here’s a treat for V-Day.

My newest work in progress: Rough Ryder

Maggie slipped the silk over her head and the gown slid over her naked body. The material caressed her erect nipples, sending an eruption of tingles downward, past her navel. There was something about silk that always made her feel sexy.

Hearing a noise behind her, she turned. Reed stood in the doorway. His dark gaze held her. His chest was broad and bare, his hips lean and strong. The low rise jeans were unbuttoned and the zipper was down, and the bulge told her that he appreciated a woman in red.

Turning on bare foot, Maggie crossed the short distance and stopped in front of him. She got a whiff of his scent—man and mint. Her fingers ached to touch him, but she knew if she moved too fast she’d lose herself, again. Playing this game meant paying a price.

“My God, Maggie.” His intense gaze grew warmer as it dropped over her. “You’re tormenting me with a slow burn.”

“It doesn’t have to be this way. I can give you everything that you’ve ever wanted. I can make all of your dreams reality. You make the choice, Reed.” She held her breath. Could he see that she wanted him? It was beyond want—she craved him. No other had branded her to the core. Would he take her? Would he release the ache buried between her thighs?

His eyes narrowed and his expression turned steely. “Under one condition.”

Maggie filled her lungs with a saccharine breath. She knew what he meant. Could she follow through? Or would she walk away from the first piece of heaven and hope life had ever given her.

 

To read my books, drop by:

Barnes&Noble:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment