Thursday, March 7, 2013

How do you get your juices flowing?

Many writers have certain motivations that get their writing juices flowing. From music to food, to pictures to movies...the list is endless. Locked in my writing cave, there are certain requirements I must have. Chocolate, sexy music and no talking. Once upon a time, I couldn't listen to music while I wrote because it was too much of a distraction; however, I found that some music actually motivates me instead of annoying me. It just took me some time to find the right songs.

If you're a music lover and like sexy songs to encourage sweet loving, here are some great songs that I love to listen to. Any of these will get you in the mood.

1. Nothing Even Matters Lauryn Hill & D'Angelo
2. Sex on Fire Kings of Leon
3. Cockiness Rihanna
4. Knockin on Heaven's Door Guns N' Roses
5. I'll Make Love To You Boys II Men
6. It Will Rain Bruno Mars (Anything Bruno works for me)
7. Lips Of An Angel Hinder
8. A Thousand Years Christina Perri
9. Someone Like You Adele
10. These Arms of Mine Otis Redding
11. Turn Your Lights Down Low Bob Marley
12. Doin' it  LL Cool J
13. No Diggity Blackstree
14. Pony Ginuwine
15. Battery Metallica
16. Bump N' Grind R. Kelly
17. Slow Hand Conway Twitty
18. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy Rod Stewart
19. Urgent Foreigner
20. You Shook Me All Night Long AC/DC

I could go on and on and on...

What song would you add to the list??

Check this book out

http://www.thewildrosepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4080

Diamond In A Rose


Jewel of the Night
Rose Donahue wants a peaceful life, but tranquility is the last thing she’ll get when the sexy, powerful Detective Clay Walker crashes into her life—literally. Clay holds secrets to her past and it will throw them into a whirlwind of betrayal and intrigue. Chasing after a murderer and a precious blue diamond worth millions, they find themselves encased in more than just a criminal case. They find danger in the form of passion. Will Clay cross the line from protector to lover? Will Rose deny herself the delicious magnetism that draws her to Clay? Love will shine as brilliantly as a fine cut jewel.
(Pages 225) Spicy

Excerpt:
“Your husband got involved with a powerful group of people known quite well for their illegal dealings. From what I can figure up to this point, Donahue got into some trouble financially before the accident, gambling debt and business mistakes, and borrowed money from the wrong person. Delano Roberts is a loan shark.” He paused for a second. “When Donahue couldn’t pay Roberts back, he started devising a plan to keep himself alive. And what better way to take yourself out of the equation than by faking your own death?”
“Wouldn’t I have suspected him of doing something illegal, Detective?”
He looked her straight in the eye, “Would you?”
“Well, your five minutes is up.”
“Damn, woman. Haven’t you heard a word I’ve said?” He jumped up from the stool and heard the cracking of wood as the legs split in half. “Add it to my bill.”
“I’ve heard every word you’ve said and now I want you to leave, Detective.” She didn’t make eye contact with him. She didn’t want him to see her fear.
He ran a hand over his hair. “Rose, listen to me. Your husband wasn’t alone in this crime. You’ve been on my list of suspects since I started tracking Donahue.”
Her back stiffened. Enough. “I’m innocent, and so is my late husband.”
“Then help me, cooperate, prove your words are true.”
“How am I supposed to do that?”
“Tell me everything you know regarding your husband, where he could be staying, who his friends are.”
“You’re wasting your time, Detective.”





No comments:

Post a Comment