Saturday, March 2, 2013

Trash Mouth

We've all been guilty of "trash mouth." You know, using profanity for no reason. Did you know that 64% of American's use the word F$#@? How did researchers find this to be true? Anyway, I've been known to use it a time or two. The more I try to stop, because I don't particularly like the word, the less effective I am with controlling it. It's one of those words that seem to spill out so easily. Stub a toe. F$#@*!! Smash the fender on your vehicle. F$%^!! Lose a hundred dollars. F&*%!! F&^%!!

Is my intention to offend anyone? Heck no. If I meant to hurt someone, I'd say more than f&^%. I have a folder inside my head where I keep a list of words saved for the a**holes of the world. Honestly, I don't use that memory folder often. Mostly, I get along with everyone. I may have a potty mouth once in a while, but hey, at least I'm honest. I'm admitting to it.

Sometimes in stories we expect the characters to have potty mouth. You know the meaning behind, "Cusses like a sailor." It's true. Write about military men and you're bound to have colorful language. Tick off a sassy heroine and you may be shot with the gun of profanity. Writers just have to balance characters out...good and bad.



Double Dare by Rhonda Lee Carver
Zoe Carmichael has one true love—work. But a satisfying career doesn’t sate her desire for steamy Lieutenant Jagmeyer, a career military firefighter. He’s as anti-relationship as she is, if not more. She sees in him the perfect opportunity for companionship without commitment.Things, however, don’t always work out as one plans.When Jag becomes Zoe’s protector after a death threat against her life, unbridled passion pulls at them both. Can Zoe resist falling for Jag who wears his hardcore badge for everyone to see? Will Jag risk losing everything he’s worked for?
WARNING: Explicit sex, graphic language.

Jag’s eyes turned into rays of steel. Zoe knew he challenged her. What she felt wasn’t revulsion. She felt interest interest.
A healing wound wouldn’t send her running, but still, she did have human emotions. It opened a book of questions into his past. She wasn’t a stranger to battle and loss. She followed the stories of fallen soldiers and injured military closely.
His eyes were the most intense she’d ever seen. The deep irises seemed to burrow under her skin and zap her bloodstream with energy. What color were they? In the light, the hue appeared silver.
He wore his toughness like a badge. With a badass rigidity in his expression and body language, he had the mannerism of a soldier. She would’ve pegged him military even if he weren’t wearing regulation ABUs and a close haircut.
“Are you lost?” His low, gruff voice did tingly, unfamiliar things to her nipples. She’d been wrong in thinking this would be a piece of cake.In a breathy Marilyn Monroe voice she said, “I just thought you looked lonesome sitting here all by yourself.”
http://www.amazon.com/Double-Dare-ebook/dp/B004GHN43I/
 ARe  

No comments:

Post a Comment