Friday, October 12, 2012

Bad-boy fetish

100%Have you ever wondered how that cocky, egotistical, bordering on rude man always gets the girl? Now, I'm not saying that we don't like good guys, but there is some truth to bad boys getting the girls. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that women like an even balance of good and bad. Are you with me ladies? I like for a man to be a gentleman. I also like to feel protected (although I believe when it comes down to it I can defend myself). Yet, I write bad-ass heroes all of the time for a reason. Kind men, gentle hearts and a tough exierior. A woman wants to know that if the zombie apocalypse ever comes we have a partner who can kick ass.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Bad boys are confident.

Bad boys are confident in everything they do. From bedroom to grocery store to work, they exude confidence. Any where they walk they get noticed.

2. Bad boys are exciting.

Bad boys are always testing the boundaries and walking on the wild side. There is a sliver of mystery that keeps a woman wondering what her rebel will do next. And point is, one can never have a boring day when their adrenaline is always on high. Yet with that adrenaline rush can come vulnerability. There must be a line of no crossing.

3. Bad boys make a woman feel powerful.

The cocky image rubs off.

4. Bad boys aren't afraid to make the first move.

Women like for men to be aggressive...in bed. I'm not talking force. I'm talking about a man who isn't afraid to tell his woman what he wants and how he wants it. A bad boy isn't too shy to be adventurous.

Although these are some of the reasons I believe we like bad boys, one thing men must understand: Women like gentlemen. there's a difference between a jerk and a bad boy. When the bad boy crosses over to asshole, that's where the line is drawn. I'm guessing that men feel similar in what they expect from women. I've heard men say they want an independent woman but they also like for her to be feminine. There must be an even balance. And that's what we like in our man.

So the next time you say, "Nice men always come out on the bottom," remember that's not true. It's just that, confidence in men AND women is important.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment