Sunday, October 21, 2012

Boob obsession

Are you a man? There's a chance you're obsessed with breasts.

It seems like in our culture men are obsessed with a large cup size. I mean, after all, think of the slang terms men use for this part of a woman's anatomy: tits, hooters, jugs, melons, ta-tas... Not any of them conjure up images of seduction and sexiness. Do they? The absolute worst name for me is, Fun Bags. Need I say more?

How many times has a man spoke to your breasts as if they could speak?

Women are obsessed with breasts, too. Let's admit it, girls. How many of us have debated, or followed through, with breasts implants? New breasts aren't cheap and have the life span of about ten years. I'm not for or against breasts augmentation, but I think it's important to point out that plastic surgeons aren't suffering a shortage of breasts implant patients.

How many millions of dollars do lingerie companies make selling padded bras and cup-fillers?  There are bras made to amplify our breasts by two cup sizes. I have a few. I love them. Not all of them are confortable though. I guess I can compare this to the stilettos I wear.

Breasts equal femininity. These mounds of flesh sustain life. No matter if you're a size A cup or EE cup, breasts have been the center of attention for as long as we can remember. They are like forbidden fruit and women enjoy the tease of a low cut shirt and a view of cleavage.  Or how about a white tee with no bra? If we'd start covering our hair completely, it too would become a taboo. Men would wonder how long it is? What color?

I'm just wondering why we aren't penis obsessed?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment