Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Big Bad Scary Movies

I love this time of year. The leaves are changing and the nights are cooler--great for cuddling with a partner. It's relaxing, and romantic, sitting in front of the fireplace. A treat is pulling out a mattress and plopping it down in front of the fire and sleeping--or not sleeping ;)))
Halloween Poster
There's something else that I enjoy, too. Halloween. Dressing my kids up and taking them trick-or-treating brings back a lot of memories from when I was a kid. October is famous for scary movies. I love horror films. Not one Halloween goes by that I don't watch the movie Halloween. It came out when I was barely old enough to watch a horror flick. One Halloween years ago it came out on a local channel and my family watched it. A lot of the guts and blood were missing, but it still scared the brass right out of me. It is still one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.

What's so great about horror films? This is a great opportunity to have up close and personal time with your partner. I'm a clinger. I'll scootch right up close and bury my head into my man's shoulder. That's where I stay from beginning to end.

There is a movie that creeps me out, beyond anything I've ever seen. It's called The Strangers. If you've seen it, I bet you agree that it's freaking nail-biting. If you haven't watched it, you should, that is if you like scary films.

Paranormal Activity 4 PosterParanormal Activity is another creep flick on my scarier than hell list. It's weird how a movie that had so little money spent in its production can cause a severe case of the willies. 

If you're like my family, we have family movie nights. That's when we have to go for the mild creep shows. One of my kids' favorites is Hocus Pocus. It's not-so-scary enough that my wee one can watch it and entertaining enough for my eleven year old. Another hit is anything Casper. I watched these movies as a kid and I loved the friendly ghost.

So whatever your gory picks of the season are, may you have a ghoulish holiday.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment