Thursday, October 4, 2012

Second Chance expands.

A few years ago I was on a flight leaving Texas. I loved it there. And I was overwhelmed with a story, which later became Second Chance Cowboy. I'm the author so I guess you can call me biased. But I've gotta prop this book. It's amazing. I wrote it hoping readers would go from tears to laughter to tears of happiness. The death of a child and the demise of a marriage brings this story on a roller coaster of emotion. As I wrote this story I had recently suffered from a miscarriage. So, you could say I was a bit emotionally strained myself. This book became therapy as I oozed sadness into words and recovered through characters. By the way, this was a miscarriage of many that I had experienced.

Readers have asked for Duke and Lila's story, secondary characters in Second Chance Cowboy. I knew they were right. Duke and Lila deserved to play roles as stars. Their personlities shone throughout Second Chance. Late last year I tossed around a storyline for Duke and Lila, and got as far as a chapter. It was a great chapter, and then it sizzled. I just wasn't feeling it, which saddend me. I loved Duke and Lila. I knew Second Chance deserved a sequel. It just wasn't coming to me. I'd promised readers that it would come, eventually.

I put Duke and Lila's story on hold. I then went on to write six more stories, while one chapter of Duke waited patiently. This summer I would think about Duke, but then push him aside. I'd pull up the start of his story and read the chapter over and over. I just couldn't seem to find the motivation to bring his story to life. I was almost to the point of giving up until I had a jolt from the past fire up my motivation. I decided to give writing Duke another shot. If it happened, great. If it didn't, well, at least I gave it my best effort.

Something wonderful happened. With each day passing I couldn't put Duke away. My creativity was on a role. Words flowed like water as I wrote 33,000 words in three weeks. In fact, the ending made me cry.

This is the "behind-the-scenes" story of Second Ride Cowboy, Second Chance Cowboy's brother. At this moment, we are back to waiting while Duke is being reviewed by my editor. Wish me luck, folks. This has been a long time coming.

Second Chance Cowboy can be purchased in eBook form at http://www.lyricalpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=authors&authors_id=120&zenid=n0ecescbbeneq6poluoivhlbu2

or at Barnes & Noblehttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/rhonda-lee-carver?keyword=rhonda+lee+carver&store=allproducts 

or at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rhonda+lee+carver&sprefix=rhonda+lee%2Caps%2C158

2 comments:

  1. *hug* I admire you greatly. And i'm proud of you for overcoming so much.

    I might just give cowboy reading a try again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx so much J.J. Your words mean a lot. Read away and let me know your thoughts ;)))

      Delete